Nutrients and Calories in a Banana
Chiquita bananas are a smart, convenient addition to a healthy lifestyle. With 110 nutrient-dense calories per serving (126 grams, or one medium-sized banana) it is deliciously easy to add Chiquita bananas to your family's routine.
Nutrients in a banana, per serving*:
- Vitamin B6 – .5 mg
- Manganese – .3 mg
- Vitamin C – 9 mg
- Potassium – 450 mg
- Dietary Fiber – 3g
- Protein – 1 g
- Magnesium – 34 mg
- Folate – 25.0 mcg
- Riboflavin – .1 mg
- Niacin – .8 mg
- Vitamin A – 81 IU
- Iron – .3 mg
Benefits of Bananas:
- Safe and pure enough for baby's first solid food, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Bananas are a terrific, heart-healthy food when included in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. While many factors affect heart disease, diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of this disease.
- Naturally fat-, cholesterol- and sodium-free
- A good source of potassium, dietary fiber, manganese and vitamins B6 & C
When you know what's inside every Chiquita banana, you'll want the very best for you and your family:
* Nutrient data provided by USDA’s National Nutrient Database SR-24. Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet (FDA Guidance for Industry: A Food Labeling Guide. Appendix F). Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your individual needs.