We have a reputation to live up to, so Chiquita is committed to always providing you with the purest, safest bananas grown with the least impact on the environment.
- The peel of the banana is a natural barrier that protects the fruit from contaminants.
- Because the banana plant holds the bananas off the ground, there's very little risk of contamination from ground water.
- We place bags on our bananas when they begin to mature in order to protect them from insects, birds or rodents.
- One hundred percent of Chiquita's company-owned plantations gain Rainforest Alliance certification by complying with the standards of the Sustainable Agriculture Network. Rainforest Alliance Certified™ sustainable farming improves the quality of life for workers and the local community, conserves forests and protects wildlife and waterways. Read more about Chiquita's collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance.
- Chiquita has committed to comply with the Sustainability Reporting Guidelines developed by the Global Reporting Initiative formed by the Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies and the United Nations Environment Program.